Here is yet another wonderful recipe from Hadia’s book. This one is Brazilian Sweet Potato Salad. The flavor combination and textures were out of this world! It can be eaten warm, cold or at room temperature. I ate mine at room temperature. This salad is really quite healthy for you as sweet potatoes are loaded with potassium and black beans have lots of fiber. A diet rich in fiber is very good for us. It’s very easy to make so to see how I made it keep reading.
|Brazilian Sweet Potato Salad|| |
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green chili pepper (I left this out)
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice (I used lime)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (coriander), chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the potatoes and onion in a single layer. Add about 3 tbsps of the olive oil and mix well.
- Roast the potatoes for about 30-45 minutes, or until done, turning the potatoes occasionally.
- Add the rest of the oil, juice, chili peppers (if using), salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a bowl along with the black beans, salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the potatoes and black beans. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the chopped cilantro (coriander) on top. Serve and enjoy!
To read my review of Hadia’s book, you can go here!
Here are some more recipes from Hadia’s book: