Cowboy Corn and Bean Salad is a great side dish that goes with all sorts of different main courses and is really easy to make. You can use either frozen or canned corn but I like to use frozen better. The BBQ sauce gives it a really nice flavor. Another great thing is that it all goes in one pot and it is quick cooking! Definitely perfect for a weeknight. Make a double batch and have leftovers as when the sauce soaks in, it tastes even better! It's a great salad to bring to your summer bbqs. For those who love spicy foods, use a really spicy bbq sauce to heat things up a bit! To see how it's made, keep reading!
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red or orange pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed (you can also use canned)
- ½ cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- In a large non stick Dutch oven add the oil over medium low heat and saute the onions and peppers until soft, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the beans, corn and bbq sauce and stir. Cook for another few minutes until warm. Serve and enjoy!
I think a great dish to go with this would be these Southwestern Chicken and Rice from In the Kitchen with Jenny