|Shrimp Curry with Broccoli|
Are you craving Indian food? Do you love shrimp like I do? This Shrimp Curry with Broccoli does not disappoint. Shrimp and seafood are my favorite foods. I also love Indian food and vegetables so this recipe combines all of my favorite foods. Not to mention that it's very low fat. I know a lot of you probably made New Years resolutions to start eating healthy. Well this recipe is certainly quite healthy, but I don't sacrifice flavor at all. The trick is to season properly. Herbs and spices will take a dish and bring it up to the next level in flavor. If you are a seafood lover like me, you will love this recipe. To see how I made it, keep reading!
- 2 lbs. extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz) can chopped/diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ½ tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large non stick Dutch oven over medium low heat add the oil. When hot add the cumin and mustard seeds and saute for about 5-7 seconds being very careful not to burn. Add the onions and saute for 5 or 6 minutes until they turn slightly golden brown. Add the garlic and saute for another minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and stir. Occasionally mashing the tomatoes with the onion and spice mixture. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the seasonings, Garam Masala, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the water and the shrimp and cook until all the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stir to combine. Serve over rice, if desired. Enjoy!