Tonight we are traveling to Italy. I wish…LOL!!! I will be making shrimp scampi. I love shrimp and I just love it made in the scampi style. I got this recipe from Kevin over at Closet Cooking So sit back, relax and imagine that you are in Italy tonight with a nice glass of white wine.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch red chili pepper flakes (optional)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 pound shrimp (shelled and deveined)(not pictured in the ingredient photo)
1/4 cup white wine
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound linguini (cooked)
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped, optional)
1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano (grated, optional)
2. Add the red chili pepper flakes and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp and saute until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
4. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
5. Add the wine and lemon juice and zest and bring to a boil.
6. Simmer the liquid until reduced by about half, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the butter, wait for it to melt and turn off the heat.
8. Add the shrimp, pasta and parsley and toss to coat.
9. Serve with a garnish of parmigiano reggiano if you wish.