My Asian Chili Meatloaf recipe takes ordinary meatloaf to the next level and gives it a real kick! Since it uses Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, it will have a nice bite to it, but don't worry, if you don't like it hot, just add less. I also add a bit of soy sauce to give it a nice richness. The top has a sweet glaze that is made with honey that makes it spicy sweet! Serve this with some white or brown rice, steamed or sauteed broccoli and you have got a great meal. To see how I made it, keep reading! This recipe serves 4-6.
- 2 (20 oz) packages ground turkey (you can use beef, if you want)
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Heinz or similar chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha hot chili sauce (more, if you like it very spicy)
- 2-3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5 spice powder
- 2-3 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup Heinz or similar chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey (chili sauce and honey will be used for the glaze)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl except the ¾ cup of chili sauce and the honey.
- Spray a loaf pan with the cooking spray and add in the meatloaf mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl mix together ¾ cup of the chili sauce and the honey.
- Spread on top of the meatloaf and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
For a great homemade Sriracha sauce go and check out this one from Life Currants