I am always saying “Eat Foods with Lots of Color” Even my banner above says it! 🙂 I just love fresh vegetables as they are lovely to look at, and so very good for us. Fresh veggies don’t have to be bland and boring. Oh no!! Just add some flavor and seasonings to them and you will be surprised at how wonderful they taste. You can basically use any type of vegetables that you want. I chose to use red peppers, broccoli, carrots, summer squash and baby corn but those come in a can. Play around with the vegetables and use the ones that I use, or add your favorites! Have fun with it, enjoy the beautiful the colors! Get your kids involved from an early age that vegetables are very tasty and very healthy for us. Both my sons love their veggies and now that they are all grown up, they still do! To see how I made my Asian Veggie Stir Fry, keep reading.
|Asian Veggie Stir Fry|
- 1-2 cup of steamed broccoli florets
- ½ large onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red or green pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into ¼ inch round pieces
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into ¼ inch round pieces
- 2 carrots, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 (14 oz) can baby corn nuggets, drained
- In a large nonstick Dutch oven or wok, he up the oil over medium heat. Add the peppers, carrots and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the squash, zucchini and broccoli and mix. Add in the soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic and cook for about a minute or two, stirring very often. Add in the corn and combine. Serve and enjoy!
A perfect pasta dish to compliment these veggies would be Broccoli Penne with Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce from Dizzy, Busy and Hungry!