We eat a lot of fish and seafood in my house. To say that it’s one of my favorite foods would be an understatement. If I could eat it every night, I would. That is how much I love fish and seafood. Cod is one of my favorite fish to cook as it’s so easy, healthy and delicious. Cod is a very versatile fish and can be made in many ways. I chose to make Baked Cod with Fresh Herbs. It’s made with a bit of butter, olive oil, rosemary, basil, mint, oregano, garlic, paprika, lemon and some white wine. My Baked Cod with Fresh Herbs may look difficult to make, but it definitely isn’t so it can be enjoyed for a weeknight meal. You can prep all the ingredients in the morning or the night before so when you are ready to make it, you have everything on hand. It’s also elegant enough to make for guests. So if you are fish and seafood lover like I am, and looking for a great cod recipe, give my Baked Cod with Fresh Herbs a try. You are going to love it.
- 2 lbs cod fillets, cut into portion size pieces
- 3 tbsps. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lemons, zest of 1 and juice of 2 (zest divided)
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small glass mixing bowl add all your seasoning ingredients (except paprika) including the lemon juice, wine and olive oil, mix well
- Lay the cod in a baking dish, lay the pieces of butter evenly over the cod and pour the marinade on top. Sprinkle half of the zest and paprika over the fish.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes depending upon the thickness of the fish.
- Halfway through cooking spoon some of the marinade over the filets
- When done, plate the fish and spoon some of the sauce over each one.
- Garnish with more fresh herbs and extra lemon and zest, if desired
- Serve and enjoy!