|Baked Portobello Mushrooms with a Warm Quinoa Salad|| |
The other day I bought Portobello mushrooms when I was out shopping. They really are a "meaty" type of mushroom and go great on the grill or even as a substitute "burger" for vegetarians. I decided to make mine sort of like a stuffed mushroom and that is when I came up with the idea of Baked Portobello Mushrooms with a Warm Quinoa Salad. You can find the recipe for the Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) over here. These mushrooms are really simple to make and a perfect side dish or appetizer. You can even serve them at your next party! Serves 6. To see how they are made, keep reading!
- 6 medium to large portobello mushrooms, wiped clean and gills removed
- 1 recipe for Warm Quinoa Salad which can be found over here (kept warm)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray
- Gently place the mushrooms in the dish and bake for about 15-20 minutes to soften them up.
- When the mushrooms are done fill them with the Warm Quinoa Salad. Enjoy!