Guacamole is one of my favorite foods. I can actually sit and eat it plain with a spoon that is how much I love it. Avocados are very healthy for us as they contain very healthy fats and high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which means it’s a very “heart healthy” food. They are also known to prevent certain types of cancers.*(see note below) In addition, there are also fiber and other vitamins and minerals, so eat lots of guacamole or anything with avocado. Add them to salads, sandwiches, dips. Avocados are basically very bland so adding different seasonings with spice them up. There are endless possibilities to what you can do with them but for this recipe, I just made an Easy Guacamole. Serve some of this Easy Guacamole with your favorite chips, crackers or pita bread.
|Easy Guacamole|| |
- 2 Haas avocados, mashed
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 2-3 tbsps. red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce, or any other hot sauce (more, if you like it really spicy)
- Salt, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and chill until ready to use.
*Note: For informational purposes only! Consult your health care provider, if you have any health problems