I hope you make this really easy side dish and let me know in the comments below how you like it. So without further ado, here is the recipe for my Easy Rice Pilaf.
- 1 ½ cups long grain rice
- 3 1/3 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 tbsp. ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp. pepper, or to taste
- In a nonstick skillet add the oil and sauté onions until dark golden brown, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once done, set aside. This can be made in advance.
- Make rice according to package directions. When the rice is done add the thawed peas and carrots, sautéed onions, turmeric, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve. Enjoy!