I saw this Greek Chicken with Lemon and Potatoes on my friend Didi from Dishin with Didi’s blog and it really looked great. I love the flavor combinations that she uses. Flavors of Greece and the Mediterranean as they all go perfectly together. This dish not only tastes great, but is so easy to make because it’s all in one dish. To see how it’s made, keep reading.
- 4-5 lbs. chicken thighs or drumsticks (I remove most of the skin)
- 8 medium red potatoes quartered
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken. Season the chicken with half of the dry rub and place in large baking pan.
- Place your potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining dry spice rub and half of your lemon juice. Mix well and add the potatoes to the pan next to your chicken. Pour the rest of the lemon juice and olive oil over the chicken and potato pieces.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. After an hour, uncover and pour off most of the excess juice from the pan. (You want to leave a little bit in the pan) I took my chicken out of the pan to do this as I found it easier.
- Place back in the oven for another 30 minutes, uncovered or until the chicken and potatoes are nicely browned.
- Drizzle the juices over the chicken and potatoes and serve! Enjoy!