I love all the flavors of the Mediterranean as I think they go so well together. You can never go wrong with Greek Chicken Thighs as the combination of lemon and olive oil mixed with other aromatic ingredients make it for a delicious tasting dish. Normally I would make this on my outdoor BBQ, but since it's winter now, I decided to make them on my indoor grill pan. One word of caution! Even though the chicken is not sauteed in a lot of oil, they will splatter and the oil will get on everything, so be careful when you walk as I slipped because some of the oil got onto the floor. I found it quite amazing that something that is just marinated and not actually "cooked" in oil could splatter so much and get all over my kitchen. This is why I think it's best to make them on an outdoor grill, or if you have one of those built in grills on top of your stove, that would be ok too. Or they could definitely be put in the oven. To see how I make them keep reading!
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- juice of 1 lemon, plus more for garnish
- 4 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large glass measuring cup add all the ingredients except the chicken and whisk together. Let stand for about a half hour or so to let the flavors meld together.
- Add the chicken to a large ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Massage the bag with your hands so the marinade gets all over the chicken. Lay the bag on a plate and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Heat up a grill pan over high heat. When hot add the chicken, but not the marinade and grill for about 15 minutes total, turning over every few minutes.
- Note: As I mentioned, this will splatter so please be careful.
- Serve and enjoy!