I recently was sent a copy of a book called Hadia’s Lebanese Style Recipes from my friend Hadia of Hadia’s Lebanese Cuisine. You can read my review of her book over here. I will be making a few of her recipes that were just delicious. This one to start is her Greek Salad which is so simple and easy to make and very delicious! I love Greek Salad with the salty flavor of the feta cheese and the sourness of the wine vinegar. It’s perfect to serve for a weeknight meal and elegant enough to serve company. To see how I made it, keep reading!
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ cup black olives
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of dried oregano
- Dash of white pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- To a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and peppers. Top with the cheese and black olives.
- In a large glass measuring cup add the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad when ready to serve. Toss and enjoy!
To read my review of Hadia’s book you can go here
Here are a few more of Hadia’s recipes that I made: