I was looking for a recipe for some fresh green beans that I bought and I saw these on Pam from For the Love of Cooking’s blog. They looked really good so I decided to give them a try. I used turkey bacon instead of the regular but you certainly could use the regular, if you want. They came out really delicious and even if you aren’t a green bean lover, I think you will love these as the smokiness from the bacon gives it a really nice flavor. They are also so simple to make and perfect for a weeknight. Definitely a great dish for company as an appetizer. To see how I made them, keep reading.
|Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon|| |
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cleaned
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1-2 tbsp. garlic powder
- Approximately 10 slices of turkey bacon (or regular), cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add green beans to a large bowl and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Mix well.
- Lay a piece of bacon on a cookie sheet lined with foil coated with cooking spray, or use nonstick foil like I did. Place about 3-4 green beans on top and roll the bacon to close it and lay seam side down. Repeat with the rest.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the bacon is brown and crispy and the green beans are crisp tender. Serve and enjoy!