Do you like eating food on skewers? I know I do because for some reason food on sticks are lots of fun. A great way to get your kids to eat, if you have a picky eater. Today I bring you another wonderful dish from the cookbook, Hadia’s Lebanese Style Recipes. This one is called Grilled Kafta Kebabs which are Lebanese meat kebabs and they are amazing!!! Now that grilling season is upon us, I highly recommend that you make these delicious treats!! You won’t be sorry! To see how I made them, keep reading.
|Grilled Kafta Kebabs|
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef or lamb (I used beef)
- ½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 small onion, minced
- Dash of allspice
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 10 wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden, soak them in water for about 30 minutes)
- Add the meat, onions, parsley, allspice, peppers and salt to a large bowl. Make sure the parsley and onion are squeezed of excess liquid. Chill the meat mixture for about a half hour.
- Divide the meat into about 10 equal portions, the size of a golf ball. Insert onto a skewer and with your hands try and wrap it as tightly around as you can, pressing the meat into the skewer. This will be a bit tricky at first.
- Preheat the grill to medium high and grill, turning often for about 5-7 minutes or until desired doneness. Serve and enjoy!
To read my review of Hadia’s book, you can go here!
Some other wonderful recipes from Hadia’s book include: