I wanted to have shrimp tonight for dinner and I was looking at either Chinese or Italian cuisine. Since I had a Chinese curry last night, I decided on Italian and I chose Giada De Laurentiis’ recipe. It’s light and perfect for this time of year.
2 Cloves Mined garlic
2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Rosemary
3 Tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 Teaspoon Fine sea salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
1 Pound Large shrimp, peeled and deveined. Or other fish
3 Tablespoons Olive oil (for broth)
2 Shallots, sliced into thin rounds
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Pound Frozen artichokes, thawed
1/2 Cup Dry white wine
1 1/2 Cups Low-sodium chicken broth
1 Can Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1/2 Teaspoon Minced fresh thyme leaves
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
• Broth: Heat in a medium saucepan, 3 tblsp oil and shallots over medium-high heat for one minute.
• Add in artichokes and garlic – 8-10 minutes.
• Add wine and scrape brown bits from bottom of pan.
• Add broth, tomatoes and their juices, thyme, salt and pepper. Boil.
• Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
• While broth is simmering. Grill shrimp. (1-2 minutes per side)
• Spoon broth into bowls and top with shrimp.