I bring you yet another one of Hadia’s wonderful recipes from her book. You can read my review here. If you love your vegetables, and especially string beans, you will love this dish! Along with the string beans, there is a perfect blend of garlic, onions and tomatoes that go together so well. My motto is “Eat Foods with Lots of Colors” and this is a definite example. They can be used as a side dish or as an appetizer as Hadia has it in her book. Whichever you choose, just know that you will love them. To see how I made Hadia’s Mediterranean Style String Beans (Loubia Bzeit), keep on reading!
|Mediterranean Style String Beans (Loubia Bzeit)|
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, chop about half of them, the rest leave whole
- 6 medium size tomatoes, finely chopped (I used canned. About 2 (15 oz) cans)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Clean the string beans and cut the ends off.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat add the oil and saute the onion until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the pot and mix. Cook until they start to get soft, about 7-10 minutes, stirring often so they don’t stick to the pot.
- Add in the garlic and stir. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes until the beans are cooked.
- Add in the tomatoes, salt and pepper, mix and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Here are a few other wonderful recipes from Hadia’s book that I made!