Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Erin Go Bragh! I’m not Irish but every year my mom makes Corned Beef and Cabbage. St. Patrick’s Day was my grandmother’s birthday. 🙂 So for all of you corned beef lovers, you will love this. It’s a very simple and easy recipe to make. Serve it with cabbage and/or boiled potatoes or potato salad. We had ours with potato salad and it was very delicious. To see how my Mom’s Easy Corned Beef is made, keep reading! If you are Irish, what St. Patrick’s Day traditions do you have? I hope you all have a great holiday!
|Mom's Easy Corned Beef|
- 1 (4-5 lb) first cut/thin cut corned beef brisket
- water to cover the corned beef
- Place the corned beef in a large Dutch oven and add water about ¾ of the way to the top of the pot. Cover and cook for an hour and a half.
- Take a little bit of the cooking water out of the pot and put into a cup and when cooled off enough, taste it and if it is too salty, you will need to change the water.
- Continue to cook for another hour and a half until tender.
- Serve with cabbage and/or boiled potatoes, if desired. Enjoy! See how easy it is.