It’s no secret that I absolutely love shrimp! It’s probably my second favorite food next to lobster. I love all seafood and can eat it every day of the week so when I saw this Orange Chipotle Shrimp recipe on Closet Cooking’s website, I knew I had to try it. It looked amazing and it tastes amazing too. So if you are a shrimp lover, you will love this recipe. It’s also really quick so they are great for a weeknight but elegant enough to serve to guests. My family absolutely loved these Orange Chipotle Shrimp! Serve them as a main dish or they certainly would be perfect as an appetizer. With the 4th of July weekend coming up in a few days, these would be a perfect addition to your BBQs and parties! To see how it’s made, keep reading.
|Orange Chipotle Shrimp|| |
- 2 lbs. extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- 1 tsp chipotle chilies in adobe sauce, chopped (or more, if you like it spicy as these peppers are very spicy)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large glass bowl or measuring cup add the orange juice, zest, chilies, cilantro, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside for about 10 to 15 minutes so the flavors can meld together.
- Add the shrimp to a large Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Place on a plate at the bottom of your refrigerator and let marinade for about 20 minutes, turning the bag over half way through.
- Remove the shrimp from the bag and thread on wooden skewers (soak the skewers in water for about 30 minutes prior to threading shrimp).
- Grill on medium low for about 1-3 minutes per side. Shrimp cook very quickly so be careful. Serve and enjoy!