With the Fall season upon us and Thanksgiving just around the corner, a steaming bowl of Pumpkin Soup is perfect! It's a rich, creamy delicious soup that would make a perfect starter to your meals. Pair it with a nice salad or big crusty piece of bread and you have dinner! If you would like it to be lower in fat, use low fat evaporated milk.
- 2 tbsp. butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz) can of pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 (12 oz) can of evaporated milk, you can use low fat instead
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter or oil (if using) in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until tender. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute. Stirring frequently. Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Add in evaporated milk. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Serve warm. Enjoy!