Quick and Easy Meatballs
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce, plus the can of water
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano (divided)
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley (divided
- 4-6 tbsp. garlic powder (divided)(I use even more)
- 3-4 large fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tbsp. salt (divided)
- In a large Dutch oven over very low heat, add the tomato sauce and one can of water, half of the oregano, parsley, garlic powder and half of the salt and the onions. Mix well.
- Meanwhile to a large bowl add the ground beef, ketchup, bread crumbs, ¼ cup water, the rest of the oregano, parsley, garlic powder, the fresh garlic cloves and salt. Mix well but do not over mix. Shape meat into meatballs the size of golf balls and lay in the sauce, in one layer if possible. Cover and cook over medium low flame for one hour or until done. Stir gently half way through and then partially open the cover so the sauce can thicken up. These meatballs are best made a day or two in advance so you can skim off any fat that collected and the sauce also really soaks into the meat. Enjoy!