Did you ever have a Saucesome family recipe? Something that is timeless and classic but yet so delicious that it stands the test of time and becomes Saucesome? Well I most certainly have! An old family recipe that was handed down from my grandmother to my mom and to me. A recipe that started out as a delicious basic meatball recipe but then I took it up to the next level and made it Saucesome! In my house we always had them with spaghetti which makes it extra Saucesome! My kids grew up eating these meatballs. So for all you moms with little kids, and even bigger kids, this would be a wonderful meal for them. Kids just love meatballs and spaghetti!! From the time my children were babies, they thought they were Saucesome too!! They are also a great “Pack -n- Go” meal. Put a couple of the meatballs in a plastic container to take along to the park or to grandma’s house. Just break up the meat in the container and your kids will have a very travel friendly meal. You could also put a little spaghetti in with it, but then you could have a big mess on your hands…LOL!! I have an idea!!! If you are going to grandma’s house, how about you give her the recipe and she makes them for you!! I totally like that idea!!
In addition to making this wonderful recipe for my family, I have made them for my friends and they loved them as well! Old family recipes are very special and I know you are going to like mine!
Make a double batch as these meatballs freeze fabulously! After a busy day at work, you will appreciate having them. Take them out of your freezer in the morning, and when you get home they will be thawed out and ready to pop into your microwave.
I was contacted by Ragú® to make this Ragú® Saucesome Meatballs and Spaghetti recipe but to put my own “spin” on it. Well my meatballs certainly are spinning!! LOL!!
Ragú® is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family mealtime Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights…it’s all Saucesome with the delicious help of Ragú® Sauce.
Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American family’s love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes.
To see this deliciously Ragú® Saucesome Meatballs and Spaghetti recipe, keep on reading!
The first thing I did was to put the Ragú® Sauce, tomato sauce and cans of water in the pot, along with the onions and half of the garlic powder, oregano and salt.
Then you will make your meat mixture. Add the ground beef, ketchup, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup water, the rest of the oregano, garlic powder, fresh garlic cloves and salt to a large bowl and mix with your clean hands (a cooks best tool), mix until everything is incorporated, but don’t over mix.
Now you will want to shape your meat mixture into meatballs. Take enough of it to make a ball about the size of two golf balls. Just roll them around in your hands and make them as round as best as you can. Then, lay them gently into the sauce in the pot, in one layer, if possible. Do not stir at this point. Cover the pot and cook over medium low heat for about an hour and 15 minutes. After a half hour stir the meatballs gently into the sauce and open the cover partially so the sauce can cook down.
I usually make the meatballs a day in advance so I can skim off any fat that collects at the top. Also, the sauce will really soak into the meat and make them extra delicious. Here you can see myself and my family eating my Ragú® Saucesome Meatballs and Spaghetti! Enjoy!!
This is me!
Pictured from left to right, my younger son, my husband and my mom!
Below you will find step by step instructions. I hope you enjoy my Ragú® Saucesome Meatballs and Spaghetti.
|Ragú® Saucesome Meatballs and Spaghetti|
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 jars of Ragú® Old World Style® Sauce
- 2 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce, plus the cans of water
- ½ cup of ketchup
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼-1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. dried oregano (divided)
- 4-6 tbsp. garlic powder (divided)(I use even more)
- 4-5 large fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings
- 1 tbsp. salt (divided)
- In a large Dutch oven over very low heat, add the tomato sauce, one can of water, the jars of Ragú® Sauce half of the oregano, parsley, garlic powder and half of the salt and the onions. Mix well.
- Meanwhile to a large bowl add the ground beef, ketchup, bread crumbs, ¼ cup water, the rest of the oregano, garlic powder, the fresh garlic cloves and salt. Mix well but do not over mix. Shape meat into meatballs, a little bit larger size than a golf ball and lay in the sauce, in one layer, if possible. Cover and cook over medium low flame for an hour an 15 minutes. Stir gently after a half hour and then partially open the cover so the sauce can thicken up. These meatballs are best made a day or two in advance so you can skim off any fat that collected and the sauce also really soaks into the meat. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to visit www.RaguSweeps.com for a chance to win a variety of Saucesome prizes, including a grand prize of $12,000 towards a Saucesome kitchen makeover!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post with ModernMom and Ragú®. Jars of Ragú® Sauce were sent to me and all opinions expressed are my own!