|Shrimp with Broccoli|
Craving Asian takeout? Well look no further as you can make it at home for a lot cheaper than in the Asian takeout restaurants. I love making homemade Shrimp with Broccoli. At least I know that I'm going to get more than 2 or 3 shrimps on my plate! *grin* This is a very easy dish to make and you can use frozen shrimp. I buy the ones that are cleaned and deveined first, as it makes it much easier. This is basically a very low fat dish as it doesn't use much oil at all. Serve it with a big bowl of white or my Ginger Pineapple Fried Rice and you have got yourself a meal. To see how I made my Shrimp with Broccoli, keep reading.
- 2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets and steamed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1-2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- In a large wok or non stick skillet add the oil over medium heat. When hot add the garlic and cook for about a minute, stirring constantly. Add in the shrimp and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Shrimps cook very quickly so be careful.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in half of the chicken broth to make a slurry and stir. Add to the shrimp mixture and mix well. You might need to add the rest of the broth. Add the soy sauce.
- Cook for about two minutes or so until the sauce starts to thicken, stirring
- Add the steamed broccoli and warm through.
- Serve and enjoy!
This soup, Quick and Easy Asian Dumpling Soup, from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures would go great with my Shrimp with Broccoli recipe!
A wonderful appetizer to go along with this dish are Chicken Rice Paper Rolls with a Sriracha Dipping sauce from Anyonita’s Nibbles!