I have been on a Sriracha sauce kick lately. First with my Sriracha Potato Salad which can be found here and now with shrimp and eggplant which are definitely my two favorite foods from the seafood and vegetable groups. Whenever I order in, or go out for Asian food, I always order Shrimp with Eggplant with Garlic Sauce! I absolutely LOVE it!!! It has so much flavor with the fresh garlic and adding a little bit of Sriracha sauce takes it up a notch! Sriracha sauce is not as hot as Tabasco and gives foods a really great flavor, so if you never had it, or not a of hot foods, just use a little bit. I think you will really like it a lot. Also, to make it easier on you, buy the shrimps that are already shelled and deveined. So to get the recipe, keep reading!
|Shrimp with Eggplant with Garlic Sauce|| |
- 2 lbs. extra-large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium to large eggplants, cut into 1-2” chunks
- 3-4 tbsps. peanut oil
- 10 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 5 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with about ¼ cup water (you want to make a slurry)
- In a large nonstick frying pan or wok heat up the oil over medium-high heat. When hot add the garlic and stir fry for only about a minute. You don’t want the garlic to burn. Add the eggplant and mix well. Lower the heat and saute the eggplant for about 5 or 6 minutes, or until soft. Stirring often.
- To the eggplant mixture add the shrimps and cook until they turn pink, stirring often, no more than 5 minutes as shrimp take very little time to cook. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the broth into the pot with the eggplant and bring to a boil. Once boiling add in the cornstarch mixture and stir. Lower the heat as the mixture will begin to thicken. Add in the oyster and soy sauces and stir to combine. Add back in the shrimp to warm. Serve over your favorite rice! Enjoy!
P.S. I think another great shrimp dish that you would like is my Orange Chipolte Shrimp!