You are going to love this brisket as it is so tender. Cooking it for a few hours is what the trick is. Brisket, whether it be cooked on top of the stove or in the oven, needs to be cooked for a few hours to make it very tender. Also, when slicing it, you must slice it against the grain otherwise it will come out very stringy and you won’t enjoy it. To see how I made it, keep on reading!
|Smokey BBQ Brisket|| |
- 1 (3-4 lb) first cut brisket of beef, remove any excess fat
- 2 medium - large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 (12 oz) can of beer of your choice
- 1 (12 oz) bottle of Chili sauce (tomato based and very similar to ketchup. Actually if you don't have the chili sauce, you can use ketchup)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Season the brisket on all sides with salt and pepper, set aside for about 15 minutes so the salt and pepper can soak into the meat. Place the brisket in a large baking dish. Cover the brisket with the sliced onions.
- In a large glass measuring cup or bowl add all the ingredients and mix well. Pour over the brisket and cover with foil.
- Cook for 3 ½ hours and remove the foil. Turn the brisket over and spoon the gravy on top. Bake for another 30 to 45 minutes until brisket is tender.
- When done, let it rest and cover with foil for about 10 minutes. Slice against the grain and put back into the gravy. As I said, this is best made the day before. Enjoy!
*Recipe is not Kosher for Passover!