Are you craving Latin food tonight? Do you love the flavors of cumin and cilantro? I really do. These Soft Tacos with Sofrito Rice definitely scream Latin America! They are very easy to make and kids love them. Serve them with my Sofrito Rice and you have a great meal.
- 10 flour tortillas (warmed)
- 1 pkg of taco seasoning (any type is fine. I used Old El Paso)
- 1 (10 oz) jar of taco sauce/salsa (I used Old El Paso)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ lbs of lean ground beef (you can also use ground turkey or chicken)
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg of Sazon with Azafran
- 1tsp. ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- For the rice
- To a large non stick skillet add the oil over medium low heat and saute the vegetables and garlic until soft, stirring occasionally. Add in the Sazon, cumin, small amount of salt and the pepper. Stir to combine. When the vegetable mixture is done set aside. When ready to serve the rice, combine with the vegetable mixture.
- For the meat
- To a large non stick Dutch oven add the beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking up the large pieces. When the meat is almost browned, add the taco seasoning package and garlic powder and mix well. Add in the water, a little at a time, to make a sauce.
- When ready to serve, spoon the beef mixture into the tortillas and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top as well as the taco sauce and cilantro. Serve with the Sofrito Rice. Enjoy!