Eat Foods with Lots of Colors is what I say and what’s not more colorful than yellow summer squash? There has been such an abundant amount of summer squash and zucchini in the supermarkets lately. I had some yellow summer squash to use up so I decided to make them into a muffin. I usually just grill or roast my squash, but I wanted something totally different. These can also be made with zucchini. I love Summer Squash Muffins as they are a perfect appetizer, side dish or snack. They are very quick and easy to make so why not make some today. This is also a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies! Disguise them in a tasty cheesy muffin…LOL!! They also freeze very well so make extras and put in the freezer. Individually wrap them in plastic wrap and tin foil and take them out as you need them. A perfect Grab and Go Snack! To see how I made my Summer Squash Muffins, keep reading. For another delicious treat, check out my Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini
|Summer Squash Muffins|
- 2 cups yellow summer squash, grated (zucchini may be used too) (let sit for a while to drain all the liquid out of it)
- 2 eggs
- ½ large onion, chopped finely
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 muffin pan with the cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the squash, eggs, onions, bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean from the center of one of the muffins.