Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me and I was provided with the Spiralizer for review. All opinions are 100% my own.
So many people are eating healthy these days, as a healthy diet is key to good health! Having fresh vegetables and good fats, namely olive oil, make for a perfect healthy diet. Today’s recipe is a Summer Squash Spaghetti made with the Spiralizer. This recipe is very light and delicious and perfect for a starter or side dish. I made mine with a combination of zucchini and yellow summer squash.
As for the Spiralizer, I must admit I did not find it initially that easy to use and even though, the end results are great, I had a bit of a hard time using this gadget. I also found the instructions not very clear and had to go online to find a video. After that, I was able to use it and the next time it became straight forward to use.
The Spiralizer, which can be found at many online retailers and also at their own website which can be found here, is also great for making spiral slices from firm fruits and vegetables such as apples, onions, carrots, cucumbers and much more. I found it useful when using wide and long fruits and vegetables without having to cut them into smaller pieces. The Spiralizer is a quality product. It is made from high quality 100% BPA-free food grade, durable reinforced ABS plastic with Japanese high Carbon stainless steel blades, so it will be able to be used for a long time. It is also dishwasher safe.
When using the Spiralizer to make my Summer Squash Spaghetti, I had to cut the squash strands as they are quite long. So just use a pair of kitchen scissors and cut them like you are cutting hair…LOL!!
My Summer Squash Spaghetti made with the Spiralizer really turned out delicious so to see how it is made, keep on reading!
|Summer Squash Spaghetti made with the Spiralizer|
- 1 med-large zucchini, cut in half
- 1 med-large yellow summer squash, cut in half
- A few grape tomatoes, cut in half for garnish
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Follow the directions on the Spiralizer for making strands of squash. Cut the strands into smaller pieces and place in a bowl. Chill for about an hour.
- Meanwhile in a large glass measuring cup add in the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- When ready to serve, pour in the dressing over the squash, mix well. Decorate the plate with sliced tomatoes and a lemon slice on top, if desired. Serve and enjoy!