With Thanksgiving around the corner this Sweet Potato Casserole is perfect. My version is very sweet and tastes just like candy so for all of you with a sweet tooth, this is perfect for you! It's made with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon so your kitchen will smell wonderful!
- 5 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar(divided)
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 heaping tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- pinch of salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together half of the brown sugar and the walnuts and set aside
- Wash potatoes and place them in a large baking dish and bake until done, approximately an hour and a half.
- Let cool
- Scoop out flesh into a large bowl and add all ingredients except the sugar and walnut mixture. Mix together well and place in casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Crumble nut and sugar mixture over the potatoes and bake for about 5 minutes until the sugar starts to melt a bit. Serve! Enjoy!