Do you like Tex Mex food? I love it, it’s one of my favorite foods. Since I love cheese and veggies, I decided to make some Veggie and Cheese Quesadillas. Just imagine all that ooey, gooey cheese…Yummy!!! These quesadillas are a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. They are perfect as a meal with a nice big salad or serve them as an appetizer or side dish. They would be perfect for parties too. Make a big batch of my Easy Guacamole and you can have yourself a Tex Mex Fiesta…LOL!! My family just gobbled them up and I will definitely be making them again. If you would like to see another quesadilla recipe, go over here to see my BBQ Chicken and Rice Quesadillas. Keep reading to see how I made my Veggie and Cheese Quesedillas.
|Veggie and Cheese Quesedillas|| |
- ½ cup zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup yellow pepper, chopped (you can use red and/or green as well)
- ½ cup yellow squash, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- In a large non stick Dutch oven over medium low heat add the olive oil and saute the vegetables and cilantro for about 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray a non stick skillet with cooking spray and place a tortilla in the pan over low heat. Add about 4 tbsps. of the cheese evenly over the tortilla. Add about ½ cup of the veggies over the cheese. Add another couple of tablespoons over the vegetables and cover it with a tortilla. Cook until golden brown about 3 minutes. Flip over (be very careful as the quesadilla can fall apart), cook the 2nd side for another 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Serve and enjoy!