My sister in law gave me a huge zucchini from her garden. It is the size of a small baseball bat as you can see from the picture below! I have never seen a zucchini that large before, it is absolutely HUGE! LOL!! I thought about what to make with it and decided on Zucchini Pie. I only used about half the zucchini so I chopped up the rest, put it in little Ziploc bags and froze them for when I make another pie or two as I probably will have enough zucchini to make 2 more. This is a great way to use your zucchinis from your gardens. It’s very simple to make and you can even chop up the ingredients in advance so it can definitely be used as a weeknight side dish. It will also make a wonderful side dish for guests. To see how I made my Zucchini Pie, keep reading!
|Zucchini Pie|| |
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup Bisquick or other baking mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish or pie plate with the cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the zucchini, onions, baking mix, eggs, olive oil, cheese, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well and add to the casserole dish, spreading the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the top gets lightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Garnish with parsley and serve! Enjoy!